Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: 604 D in OB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Hostboard Member tonino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2009
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    604 D in OB

    My Altec 604 D on open baffle are ready and I am very happy for the sound !!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    Cool. Can you tell us more? Do you have photos?

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member tonino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2009
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    yes I have photos but I don't understand how I can post the photos here

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member amandarae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2008
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    Quote Originally Posted by tonino View Post
    My Altec 604 D on open baffle are ready and I am very happy for the sound !!!!
    Congrats!

    I too have a 604 (8G's) in OB and very happy. I tried them with cabs (612C) and went back to OB. If someone will ask how it worked for me, my answers would be(in order of importance to me):

    1.)Room, room, room!
    2.) SET amp with AC heaters. No PP, no IDHT, and definitely no SS.
    3.) Art Deco Era 5 pin triodes circuits for Preamp.
    5.) Classic Turn Table (idler drive) with 12 inch tonearms.

    regards,

    Abe
    QNME In Retro!

  5. #5
    Hostboard Member tonino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2009
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    I agree with you . my amp also is a Se and I have a 12 arm ( denon ) in my turntable ( Teac TN 4000).

  6. #6
    Hostboard Member tonino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2009
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    here the photos :

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    Lots of room tuning objects, tastefully organised.

  8. #8
    Hostboard Member tonino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2009
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    thanks I think that tuning objects are important for the final sound

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member amandarae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2008
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    Quote Originally Posted by tonino View Post
    thanks I think that tuning objects are important for the final sound
    Totally Agree! In my case, since my room is adequate enough, I never treated the driver's back wall (although I tried). But made sure to have some "stuff" on the front wall.
    QNME In Retro!

  10. #10
    Hostboard Member tonino's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2009
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604 D in OB

    in my experience stuff in front wall are very helping ....they more increase the soundstage and focus of sound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.